At St. Lawrence College @ Alpha we focus on providing our students with a healthy competitive learning environment. The quality of education is among the highest for community colleges in Ontario. This acts as a testimony to our ability to consistently exceed expectations. Our programs are designed to equip our students with excellent skills to cater the best opportunities in the industry. Our qualified and experienced staff ensures a smooth integration of graduates into the workforce.
To promote a Toronto metropolitan experience for our international students, St. Lawrence College and Alpha International Academy have been in partnership since August 2008. The partnership allows students to benefit from social proximity, cultural diversity, a larger job market, and other perks of living in a large city like Toronto. International students can now take advantage of the opportunity to study in Toronto while working towards a well-recognized accreditation from St. Lawrence College.
St. Lawrence College @ Alpha offers high quality education in a challenging yet student friendly environment. The St. Lawrence College curriculum is designed to meet the challenges unique to international students while exceeding academic expectations through a combination of theory and hands on experience. We offer smaller class size allowing efficient teacher-student interaction, flexible instruction hours and affordable tuition fees. Convenient payment options are available to cater to our students’ financial needs.
Why Choose St. Lawrence @ Alpha International Academy?
- Students will graduate with a diploma from a public institution operating in accordance to the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities in the Province of Ontario
- Students experience Toronto’s multicultural environment
- Students are eligible for a three-year post-graduation work permit
- Degree options available through articulation agreements with universities across Canada and USA
- High graduate employment rate
- Off-campus work permit possible
- Great work opportunities in Toronto
- Easy access to public transportation
- Free parking
- Food court and banking facilities nearby
- Airport pick-up and assistance in arranging accommodation
Support and Services
St. Lawrence College @ Alpha offers a variety of student services to provide a quality experience that helps student succeed.
- Monitored 24 hours a day by video surveillance cameras
- Career counselling
- Short-term supportive personal counselling
- Assistance with any personal, social or community problems and arranging outside professional therapy.
Student Employment Services
- Advertise full-time, part-time, summer, and contract positions
- Assist with preparing resume and covering letters
- Liaise with Job Placement Agencies to ensure a higher graduate employment rate
- Student lounge
- On-site banking
- Tutoring services
- Equipped kitchen with microwave and refrigerator
- Arrange introductions to workplaces in your field of study
Why study in Toronto?
Toronto is one of the most multicultural cities in the world, which welcomes individuals from all cultural backgrounds. Neighbourhoods such as Chinatown, Little Italy, Little India, Koreatown, Little Jamaica, Little Portugal are all examples of Toronto’s diverse atmosphere. The city is Canada’s largest and comprised of what used to be five separate cities, making it a ‘Megacity’. Toronto is an amazing travel destination and a ‘meeting place’ for cultures, arts, and business, and visitors will find it has Canada’s liveliest night-life. Visit the popular Harbour Front area for entertainment venues, lakeside walks and much more. Travel to the top of the CN Tower for a spectacular view of the city, or visit the underground PATH, a subterranean system of 1, 200 services and shops stretching over 27km. Toronto also has lots of great restaurants, festivals, museums and art galleries, as well as a zoo and activities for kids. Tour the Royal Ontario Museum’s impressive collection of Chinese art, visit Casa Loma, an unusual medieval-style castle in the middle of the city, and stop by the Ontario Science Centre to discover things you never knew about the world.
The Safest Large City in North America
Toronto is an exceptionally clean and safe city to visit and reside in. It has a lower crime rate than both Vancouver and Montreal in Canada, as well as all cities in the United States.